October 10, 2012

18-year-old is a style influence with her sites

To the 25,000 people per month who read her fashion blog, Sierra Vistans is the model, designer and author of longliveclassy.com.
"It's more like a creative outlet. I like to tell people that it's like my second life," Carnett, an 18-year-old who's lived in Sierra Vista, Airzona, the past 15 years, said. "After following a lot of other bloggers, I figured I would start my own and join a community of people who want to talk about fashion all the time. It took off."



Carnett's newest project is chicforaweek.com, a for-profit shoe rental website that launched in September of 2012. A conversation with her father about a bag Carnett had leased from renttherunway.com sparked the idea.




"Women love shoes, I love shoes," she said. "Why not let women enjoy designer shoes like they can enjoy designer dresses and bags?"

Inventory includes nude Tory Burch flats and a few pairs of high heels, including a black and white polka-dotted pair from Kate Spade.



The shoes aren't obnoxiously colorful or so high they feel like stilts; they're the footwear Carnett and the readers of her blog might wear.

Carnett says she likes the way Kate Middleton and Reese Witherspoon dress.

"In three words, I would say my blog is: Classic, preppy and useful or fresh. I get a lot of inspiration from other style bloggers who kind of have the same style," Carnett said. "Also, from magazines and cutting out pictures and putting them on a bulletin board. There's inspiration from other people and what you see around."






No comments:

Post a Comment